New & Expectant Parents*
Contact Us For Your FREE Baby Pack! ($100 Value)
*For anyone in our servicing area who has received a prenatal diagnosis or who has an infant with DS (under 12 months old).
NEW!!! Click here to access a list of all reference materials available FREE to DSNOCC families through our lending library: DSNOCC Lending Library Reference List
Down Syndrome Network of Onslow & Carteret Counties
- Carteret County Partnership for Children
- Creative Hands Occupational Therapy, Inc.
- Creekside Recreational Therapy Services
- Del Mar Center for Behavioral Health
- Improving Quality of Life in Our Community (IQuOLIOC)
- Jessica’s Dance Academy Swansboro
- JZ Mann Pediatric Therapy
- Onslow Commission for Persons with Disabilities
- Onslow County Partnership for Children
- Special Olympics of Onslow County
- Special Olympics of Carteret County
- Speech 4 Kidz
- Kinetic Physical Therapy and Wellness, Inc.
North Carolina Resources:
- North Carolina Down Syndrome Alliance
- Cherith Cottage: A private cottage for caregivers offering FREE overnight respite, located outside of Charlotte, NC. No kids. Breakfast & dinner provided. For more information call 704.238.0585 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Down Syndrome Association of Charlotte
- Duke Comprehensive Down Syndrome Clinic
- Exceptional Children’s Assistance Center (ECAC)
- North Carolina 2-1-1 United Way
- North Carolina Early Intervention Infant-Toddler Program
- North Carolina Medicaid Waiver Information
- Western North Carolina Down Syndrome Association
- Lindley Habilitation
- The ARC
- AMBUCS AmTryke Therapeutic Tricycles
- AWAARE – Working to prevent wandering incidents & deaths in the autism community (this also applies to the Ds community!) Download your Big Red Safety Toolkit TODAY!
- Center for School, College, and Career Resources. Support for Students with Intellectual Disabilities: College programs, funding, and other key resources to ensure success
- Division of Early Childhood of the Council for Exceptional Children – One of 17 divisions of the Council for Exceptional Children, this organization supports policies and practices that support families and enhance development in especially young children with disabilities and learning delays.
- Down Syndrome Affiliates in Action
- Down Syndrome Education International
- Down Syndrome Pregnancy – NEW RESOURCE!
- Down Syndrome Research & Treatment Foundation
- Homeschooling Children with Down Syndrome – FREE e-book
- International Mosaic Down Syndrome Association – Offers support and resources to families of and individuals with mosaic Down syndrome through the lifespan
- Medline Plus: Health Topics – Down Syndrome – An overview an dlist of resources on Down syndrome and prenatal testing from Medline Plus, a service of the US National Library of Medicine and the National Institute of Health
- National Down Syndrome Society
- National Down Syndrome Congress
- National Society of Genetic Counselors – Find members of NSGC through the Find a Genetic Counselor search function!
- Specs 4 Us – Can’t find glasses to properly fit your child with Down syndrome? Look no further! Office Park Eye Center in Jacksonville now carries these special frames! Phone: 910-355-3937. Ask for Pam Hughes.
- Woodbine House Publishing Books & DVDs on disabilities for parents, children, teachers, and professionals
- Wrightslaw Special Education Advocacy – Check out this awesome website for information and resources for your next IEP meeting.
- Would you like to learn American Sign Language (ASL)? If you have a child who is deaf or hard of hearing who is under 36 months of age, click here to get free access to an innovative on-line curriculum to learn ASL.
- PALS – creates inclusive camp experiences for people with and without Down syndrome. Our volunteer-led programs change attitudes, transform lives, and inspire a world of belonging.
Make A Donation
Your donation is truly appreciated! Your support keeps programs and services open which helps the community grow.